Tuesday 30 December 2014

Review of the year

I think now is a good time to review my first year exhibiting my work.  I had planned to doing exhibitions for a number of years however did not find I had the focus and time until the beginning of 2013.  In order to even contemplate exhibitions there needs to be a body of work, and there needs to be a confidence in the work that is produced and that takes times and effort.  I was first introduced to the idea of exhibiting my work by a relative in 2010.  I had just recovered from sciatica (the sort that stops you walking and you have to take medication that makes you hallucinate) and now felt ready and able to return to my art.  I'd never thought about exhibiting my work, I'd only done that for GCSE, A level and Art Foundation year.  This year I have had work accepted into 4 exhibitions and have another in the pipeline for the beginning of 2015.  It's more than I expected.  It's been a cathartic experience but sometimes challenging (not artistically but mentally).  I have focussed on past events in my life as well as themes of nature, escapism and in earlier works nature reclaiming areas that were once industrialised.  I have so many more ideas and the need to continue to develop the themes that I have already started.

Apotropaic Trees, A3 pen drawing and gouche.

So, the second year of art exhibitions beckons.  It will be interesting to see where it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment