Friday 16 September 2016

Autumn Colours

It's nearly that time of the year already when the colours start to come through on the trees and the weather starts to get noticeably colder (especially after such exceptionally hot weather).  I wrote about this time of year last year.  I always really love the colours of the leaves however I hate being cold and this country seems to have never ending cold and darkness throughout the winter.  We brought a SAD lamp last year to see if it helped with seasonal affective disorder.  Some scientists are sceptical about whether this is real while others notice that populations that are further away from the equator and in particular live in the northern or southern hemispheres tend to suffer more depression during the winter.  I must admit that after using the SAD lamp I always felt slightly less tired and had a feeling of energy.  I hope this winter has a lot of sunny, frosty days.  Winters with lots of sun albeit really cold seem to me to be much easier to handle than wet, windy and dark winters.  There is also more opportunity to gather ideas for future art projects when there is more light.

Autumn Colours, pen and coloured pencil drawing (A4) 2016

Section from Autumn Colours

Section from Autumn Colour





No comments:

Post a Comment