Tuesday 15 March 2016

Mahonia

This is a study of some of the material that I gathered on the last day of 2015.  I've discussed Walkden Gardens in Sale in previous posts and this is where I have amassed quite a lot of ideas for past and future art works.  I like to work on pieces that I have an emotional attachment to and Walkden Gardens symbolise some happy years from my 20s.  They also remind me of my new life after leaving teaching.

These painting is to date the smallest one that I have so far attempted to do.  It is part of the overall theme of small art works that I have been working on (so far on paper).  I will be bringing out quite a few of these art works over the next few weeks, although larger pieces will probably be back later in the year.

Mahonia, oil painting on canvas, 15cm x 20cm (2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment