Tuesday 1 March 2016

Winter Blossom

After working on my last two intensive drawings I thought it would be a good thing to get back to my small A5 pen/coloured pencil drawings.  I've got quite a lot of material to work with at the moment and hope to get quite a large number of these together so that I can exhibit them together.  I think they might appeal to some people more than my larger pieces which can sometimes leave some potential buyers intimidated!  I love working on A1 size or larger drawings and paintings however I have found that stepping out of my comfort zone and working small scale is good and changes how I work. 

This latest A5 drawing is based on the winter blossom that I noticed on the last day of 2015.  I have enlarged it to focus on one main flower.  The next drawing based on the same material which should be finished later this week will show more of the surrounding flowers rather than the simple focus of this drawing.  I may experiment with the colours as well, however it depends on how the composition turns out and what mood I'm in at the time!

Winter Blossom, pen drawing and coloured pencil, A5 (2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment