Wednesday 13 May 2015

Forgotten Tree

I've called this piece Forgotten Tree because there are so many of these 'forgotten' trees in parks across the country.  I sit in the park after collecting my girls from school and take in the surroundings.  Generally they are familiar and rather mundane.  The park looks the same and rather forgotten.  It could do with an overhaul.  The trees capture my imagination especially in the winter.  Trees make interesting patterns in the winter.  How many times do people sit and take in their surroundings and the trees?  Everyone at the park seem to be engrossed in each other's conversations, the kids play on the park equipment ignoring everything except each other.  I sit away from them all and take it in and think.  Maybe forgotten applies to aspects in my life.  I certainly was forgotten in previous workplaces.  Often the most qualified person, I would be overlooked for a promotion in favour of someone more loud mouthed and noticed.  I've left that behind and find life more peaceful and happy.  

Forgotten Tree, A3 carbon and colour pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment