Wednesday 20 May 2015

Tree Sunset

Sunsets seem to be a theme at the moment.  Maybe it is because I am having to take a break from art for a couple of months while I work hard on my paying job.  I think the time while I'm working is quite useful as it gives me time to think about the art that I've done so far in the year and what projects I have in mind when I am free to work on my art.  I already have lots of ideas and plans about what I will be doing in the next few months.  Anyway, this piece is a continuation of Forgotten Tree but with more focus on colour.  Winter trees are the major beauty of winter.  I don't generally like winter and the weeks and weeks of cold and dark.  What helps get through winter is frost, picturesque snow, fog in the evening and looking at the shapes that trees make against the sky.  For now though I'll be looking forward to heat and sunshine at least at some point this summer.

Tree Sunset, A3 carbon pencil, charcoal pencil and coloured pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment