Monday 3 March 2014

Artwork 2011

http://www.saatchiart.com/janesproston
The theme of the old railway continues with these A1 size charcoal drawings.

Old railway 2, February 2011

This drawing tries to bring out the contrast in light/dark.  Compared with Old railway 1, I was beginning to see much more detail and present this in my work.  

Old railway 3, March 2011

Shapes, contrast of light/dark were used here.  I often find that if an object is looked at closely enough and studied properly, it is made up of lots of shapes.  

Old railway 4, April 2011

I felt at the time that my drawing technique was starting to develop towards the style that I now have in my work.  I rarely know how a piece of work will turn out, which is the 'fun' part of the process.  If a work was planned too much it would lose much of its freedom and spontaneity.

 Old railway 4 at the Sale Waterside Open Exhibition 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment